Apply for the Lottery
Thank you for your interest in Community Day Charter Public School-Prospect. At this time we are accepting applications for the 2020-21 school year only.
Please note the following important information about the application process:
- Children must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2020 to be eligible for Kindergarten 1, the early childhood program (for four-year-old children)
- Children must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020 to be eligible for Kindergarten 2 (Kindergarten)
- Siblings of students currently attending the school have priority for open slots at this school only (a birth certificate must be submitted to the school main office to confirm sibling status prior to the lottery)
According to state regulations, your child’s application will be entered into the lottery to be held on March 11, 2020. At the lottery, applications will be prioritized based on the following criteria:
- Students with siblings attending the same CDCPS school
- Residents of Lawrence
- Residents of other cities/towns* in Massachusetts
After the number of openings in each grade are filled, the remaining students will be put on the waiting list in the order drawn. If you are offered a spot at a CDCPS school, you will be required to provide proof of residency and a birth certificate and/or equivalent documents (for students entering Kindergarten).
Please note that you are welcome to attend the lottery, but it is not required. Families of applicants will be sent an e-mail following the lottery to notify them of the lottery results.
Please feel free to call 978-722-2583 for additional information.
Important Information & Deadlines
Open House 190 Hampshire Street, Lawrence, MA 01840
January 28, 2020, 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
February 7, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
Lottery-190 Hampshire Street, Lawrence (Bradford Street entrance)
March 11, 2020, 9 a.m.
To verify that your application has been entered, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. This e-mail will serve as your receipt and indicate that your child will be entered in the lottery.
*All offers of admission must be made in accordance with this order of priority to adhere to the school’s enrollment policy.
Do you need assistance filling out the lottery application? Below are resources hours that staff will be available to help at 190 Hampshire Street.
Tuesday, January 7, 4-6 pm
Wednesday, January 15, 4-6 pm
Thursday, January 23, 4-6 pm
Monday, February 3, 4-6 pm
Wednesday, February 5, 7-9 am
Friday, February 7, 3-5 pm