Community Day Charter Public Schools are free, public schools known for high academic standards. Focusing on individual learning needs and offering special education services as well as instruction for English language learners (ELLs), the schools have had success helping students achieve, including high scores on MCAS. The schools use student assessment data to identify and respond to the learning needs of each student. The schools offer an 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. school day with before and after school care (for a fee) and offer free summer school for eligible students.
Admission is done by public lottery that is held in March; there is no test required for admission to the schools. Children who are Massachusetts residents are eligible to attend the school.
To apply, complete an online application for CDCPS-R. Kingman Webster by February 8 at 5 p.m. CDCPS-R. Kingman Webster will offer grades K1-8 in 2019-2020.
Students for whom a completed application has been submitted by the deadline will receive an e-mail to confirm that the application has been submitted. At the lottery, numbers are randomly pulled electronically. Applicants with brothers and/or sisters currently attending CDCPS-R. Kingman Webster are given first preference. Applicants who live in Lawrence are given next preference.
Parents are welcome, but not required, to attend the lottery. Families of applicants will be sent an e-mail following the lottery to notify them of the lottery results.
For more information, please read the following documents:
- Application – must be submitted online by February 8 at 5:00 p.m.
- Enrollment Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions/overview chart-3 schools key information
- Right to Attend Notice regarding students with special needs and disabilities
- Right to Attend Notice regarding students who are English Language Learners
Important Dates and Information:
- In 2019-20, we will have openings in Kindergarten 1 (students 4 years old on 9/1/19), with select openings in other grades
- Open House – January 24, 6-7 p.m., 7 Ballard Way
- Lottery Deadline – February 8, 5:00 p.m.
- Lottery – March 5, 2018 – 8:30 a.m. at 190 Hampshire Street, Lawrence
For more information about applying to CDCPS-R. Kingman Webster, contact Liliana Peralta, email@example.com or 978-688-4343.
Community Day Charter Public School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed or religion, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or in a foreign language or prior academic achievement when recruiting or admitting students.