The Community Group Mentor Program
Building strong, positive relationships for a brighter future
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a local student's life? We have opportunities to mentor students between the ages of 3 and 14 in a range of capacities:
- Reading Mentor – Read one-on-one or with a small group of students to help students increase strength and confidence in reading
- Homework Mentor – Assist one to four students with their homework, helping them gain a better understanding of key concepts
- Special Projects Mentor – Work with a group of two to four students on a special project based on the interests of the students and mentor
Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the work day; programs operate from 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Passionate about working with children
- Dependable and consistent
- Pursuing, or already hold, a high school diploma
- Able to read aloud comfortably
- Able to travel to the Lawrence area
- Able to commit one hour each week for at least one year
Contact us today to learn more about making a difference for a young student by volunteering as a mentor!
Mentoring Program Coordinator