Community Partners Initiative (CPI) is a nonprofit organization providing data and management services. CPI draws on more than 40 years of experience in school leadership, project management, and back office systems and support. Our approach is guided by what we learned from managing several accredited educational programs, including public schools, school age programs, and early childhood centers.
Among our successful ventures is Community Day Charter Public School-Prospect, which primarily serves a low-income Hispanic population in the mill city of Lawrence, Massachusetts. Community Day's successes include:
- Designated a Massachusetts Compass School by the MA Department of Education
- Received the Excellence in Education Award from National Center for Urban School Transformation
- Designated a High Flying School by the Education Trust
- Designated a Title I Commendation School for high gains in student achievement
- Ranked in the Top Two Percent of Elementary Schools for high academic achievement of Hispanic students
- Selected to participate in Keeping the Promise, an effort to identify and disseminate the best practices of successful charter schools
- Profiled in the Harvard University publication Inside Urban Charter Schools: Promising Practices and Strategies in Five High-Performing Schools
- Featured in the documentary film Beating the Odds: Inside Five Urban Charter Schools
- Received the Silver-gain EPIC Award (Effective Practice Incentive Community) from New Leaders for New Schools for 5 consecutive years
- Founding member and first president of the Massachusetts Charter Public School Association
- Partnered with MATCH to open MATCH Community Day Public Charter School in Boston in fall 2011
- Opened two new charter schools, Community Day Charter Public School-Gateway and Community Day Charter Public School-R. Kingman Webster, in Lawrence in fall 2012
- Selected to replicate the successful practices of Community Day Charter School at Community Day Arlington Elementary School (launched in fall 2012), a turnaround effort that represents a partnership with Lawrence Public Schools
Since our founding in 2004, we have partnered with more than 50 charter schools, charter networks, districts, and charter support organizations to provide data and management services.